The Hicksville Public Library is here to assist you with your notary needs. In person notary is available by appointment at the library, please contact email@example.com to schedule an In-person notary or call the library at (516) 931-1417 extension 124. The Library is also providing remote service in response to Executive Order 202.14 which currently allows remote notarization until further notice.
E-Notarizations are available by appointment only, through email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to use this service, you must have access to, and knowledge of, video conferencing software and the ability to scan your documents. To learn more about electronic notarizations, please visit the New York State Division of Licensing Services website.
Being prepared when you present your documents will allow the notary to help you in a thorough and efficient manner. For your convenience, we have prepared the following checklist of requirements for notarization. Please look this list over before your appointment. Thank you.
Any notarial act that is required under New York State law is authorized to be performed utilizing audio-video technology provided that the following conditions are met:
- The person seeking the Notary's services, if not personally known to the Notary, must present valid photo ID to the Notary during the video conference, not merely transmit it prior to or after;
- The video conference must allow for direct interaction between the person and the Notary (e.g. no pre-recorded videos of the person signing);
- The person must affirmatively represent that he or she is physically situated in the State of New York;
- The person must transmit by fax or electronic means a legible copy of the signed document directly to the Notary on the same date it was signed;
- The Notary may notarize the transmitted copy of the document and transmit the same back to the person; and
- The Notary may repeat the notarization of the original signed document as of the date of execution provided the Notary receives such original signed document together with the electronically notarized copy within thirty days after the date of execution.
IDENTIFICATION: ID with Photo and Signature (Driver’s License, Passport, Non-Driver’s ID)
DOCUMENT(S): Entire, Completed Document. Wills and I-9's cannot be notarized.
SPEAKING WITH THE NOTARY: English Needed (no translator allowed)
We value your patronage and thank you for your cooperation.